What I Learned:
- When you get really into a story you’re reading, your behavior can be influenced by the characters. This is yet another reason for banning young girls from reading Twilight. We don’t need any more mopey, pathetic Bellas out there. (Thanks, Jezebel)
- Lisa Frank is a real person! I always thought she was a name created by a marketing team. She’s real?! She must wear rainbows and sparkles every day and ride a unicorn to work! (Thanks, hellogiggles)
- There is a novel titled Star Ka’at in which alien cats come to Earth to save all the earthling cats before humans destroy themselves. I want to read this more than you can ever know. (Thanks Flavorwire)
- A beautiful article about a woman’s nostalgia for Los Angeles, after she moves to Austin.
- Names are fascinating to me, and the Baby Name Wizard blog is always there to feed my obsession. Look at all the boy “Ja-” names! And why do we love the letter X so much?!
- The idea of psychopathy in children is simultaneously fascinating and terrifying. It also makes me question my future parent self. What would I do? I have no clue.
- Are unpaid library internships ethical? I agree so much with this blogger. I remember being very aware of the uneven distribution of internships as an undergrad. It seemed so unfair to punish the kids who actually have to earn some money to make it through college.
- The Life of Times of Liz Lemon’s Hair– an infographic