I’m super jazzed for this weekend. I’m headed up to the Bay Area for good friends, good food and generally good times. I don’t get to see my Bay Area people nearly as much as I would like, so this trip is very needed.
What I Learned:
- Chattanooga has it’s own official typeface: Chatype. It’s also becoming a hipster town. All my extended Tennessee family lives in the Chattanooga area, and I remember liking it when I visited, so I’m happy that it’s coming into its own. I mean, it’s always had one of the most awesome city names anyway. (Thanks, Austin Culturemap)
- So Kel Mitchell, of Kenan and Kel, 90′s Nickelodeon fame, doesn’t have much of a career at the moment. What’s he doing to fill his time? He’s throwing orange soda themed parties at bars. WOOOOOOW. (Thanks, Buzzfeed)
- JFK attended LSE as an international student for all of a month before going home due to illness. Basically, he was a study abroad counselor’s worst nightmare. (Thanks, Wikipedia)
- There is such a thing as “eclipse blindness”, which comes on a few hours after staring at the eclipse. It can be permanent! Be careful! Of course, this meant that after I stared at Saturday’s eclipse like an idiot, I kept waiting for my vision to go. Thankfully, I can still see. Take that, dastardly eclipse! (Thanks, LA Times)
- Love this interview with Dan Savage, sex columnist extraordinaire. He has a lot of interesting things to say about working as a columnist, how the media educates/doesn’t educate about sex, etc.
- A list of 10 lesser known things to do in London…I haven’t done any of them! I’m dying to visit Dennis Severs’ House now, as well as the Chelsea Physic Garden.
- Getting asked about your pregnancy…when you’re not pregnant. As someone who this has happened to (thanks, crazyish seeming guy on the street. You’re the best!), this story and the comments made me feel a bit less alone and fat.
- 43 Most Amazing Manicures on Instagram. Kitties! Totoro! Owls! OH MY!
- This ad for Getty Images is made up of 873 images strung together by the world’s most determined/insane editor. The amount of work that went into this is mindboggling!
- This blog post may contain the best description of a dog ever:
Indiana is just…well, he’s like so many frat guys I have known. He’s muscular and fun-loving; he hides his emotions and pretty much ignores me (and Eric) unless he wants to play. When he wants to play, he is relentless — he’s the guy texting you pictures of his dick.
- Can I please live in this tree house?
- Happy birthday, Maru!!! You make the internet better every day. Keep it up, kitty.