Just a small round-up of links, as I’m writing this ahead of time. As you read this, I’m probably somewhere in the American Southwest, listening to really bad pop music and dying for a bathroom break. Ah, the joys of the road trip.
What I learned this week
- Michael Jackson wanted to do a Harry Potter musical. Why would JK Rowling say no to that?! (Thanks, Mentalfloss)
- Tonya Harding has a really crazy Wikipedia page. Seems to me that Tonya Harding + cars = trouble. (Thanks, Wikipedia)
- Moving sucks. You have to actually sort through all the crap you’ve accumulated through the years, deal with flaky Craigslist people as you try to sell your old furniture, find a million and one boxes, and try to stuff it all into a tiny Honda Civic (well, if you’re me at least). And always always always you’ll think you’re done and then remember the junk drawer/cabinet/entire junk closet. I can’t even begin to explain how much it sucks. This post from Jezebel has some great tips to make it suck a tiny bit less. Definitely check out the comments too. The only thing I’d add to it would be to take frequent breaks while packing to watch Girls with your roommate. That dulls the pain a bit. Oh, and pre-mixed margaritas from Trader Joes. Magic.
- You know what was actually awesome about moving? Seth Rogen dropping his stuff off at the same thrift store my roommate and I were were dropping our crap off at. Soooo LA. After that sighting, I googled him to see if he lived in the area, and I found this fun article he wrote basically about my little section of Los Angeles. The best section of Los Angeles. Miss it already!
- There are four Olympic athletes who, due to various legal and political reasons, don’t have a country to represent. Oh, and they’re fantastic dancers (see the comments).
- Sadly, I can identify a bit too much with this comic right now.
- Book covers and their matching swimsuits.
- A few reasons why getting older is awesome.
- I think every blogger looks up to Joanna Godard. Her blog, Cup of Jo, is fun, relatable and extremely successful. I love her honest post about how she makes it all happen.
- My darling friend’s boyfriend just started a comic about moving to Downtown LA. I think it’s adorable. Also, I sure hope he doesn’t mind me sharing…Sorry, Danny!