There are a few less links on here than usual. I’d like to say it’s because I got busier, went out with new friends a few times, read some deep book…and while that’s partly true, I also discovered Game of Thrones this week, and, well, things just haven’t been the same since. People kept telling me it was good, but IT IS REALLY GOOD. And gorgeous! So gorgeous. I may have to watch an episode or ten this weekend. Hope you all have more active plans than I do!
What I Learned
- I can’t be the only one who has wondered why Super Mario Brothers 2 is so strangely different than the rest of the games. I mean, throwing vegetables at enemies? Fighting those weird egg spitting dinosaur guys? WTF? Apparently, it was the re-make of another Japanese game, Doki Doki Panic. Mental Floss has all the details.
- We are really close to maybe having a male birth control pill! Oh, such good news! (And up to 49% of US births in 2006 were unplanned? Whoops!)
- The royal corgis are bullies to sweet little Norfolk terriers. Mean, mean corgis! We should’ve known the queen was training attack dogs.
- Women apparently feel the most attractive at 28. Woooo for next year! I’m going to be so sexy. You don’t even know.
- This interview of RPatz by Jon Stewart was pretty darn sweet. I have a not so secret, but very casual, love for Robert Pattison. I don’t know what it is. He’s adorable, obvy, but I think he also seems fairly sweet and validly taken aback in just having his heart publicly tromped over. Hopefully Ben and Jerrys and Jon Stewart can help him out a bit.
- Someone actually created a room on the other side of a wardrobe! What a dream for a kid! Heck, what a dream for me!
- And here’s a whole batch of gorgeous bookshelf printed wallpapers. You can have a huge fake library! Woo!
- Feeling down? Maggie from Mighty Girl asked readers their reasons to be happy, and then put together a list of 180 of the responses! (Psst: I’m number 108!)
- Dying over this fussy bulldog pup. Just dying.
- And if you want something cat related, how about some free cat bookmarks to print out?
- I am so glad Natalie Tran is back and vlogging again. I’m 99% sure that if I lived in Sydney we would be best friends. We could have super awkward hang outs. She gets me.
- I would love to read Susan Cain’s book Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can’t Stop Talking, but it’s always out at the library! Introverts love the library? Who would’ve guessed? Anyway, watching her give her TED talk about the same topic will have to do for now. And yes! Down with group work! Gah!