What I learned:
- A simple baked sweet potato is one of the world’s easiest, most delicious foods.
- Season 1, episode 6 of Breaking Bad is when shit. gets. real. I watch on my phone as I do the elliptical machine at the gym, and I may have freaked out my fellow gym goers with my gasps and yelps.
- East Coast swing is easy, spinny and a good time for all. West Coast swing makes no sense and may lead you to step all over your partner’s feet…and the feet of everyone within a five foot radius.
- Ah, the beauty bias. Everyone knows it exists; no one wants to talk about it. This beautiful post really made me think about the way I see others, and the ways that others see me.
- If you’re looking for new software for your Mac, this bundle from Macheist is a steal! It includes Scrivener, Evernote and Disktools Pro plus a ton of ridiculous games for $29! And 25% of the $29 goes to charity! Get it get it!
- There are few things I want in the world more than this USA bookshelf.
- Self-help from a toddler. There’s some great advice in here! Screaming in a cat’s face is ALWAYS a great idea!
- The Danxia Mountains in China look like they come out of a technicolor dream! Must go!
- If you aren’t following Trotter, the world’s most adorable French bulldog, on Instagram already…I pity you.
- This catcalling article much more eloquently summed up my thoughts on the issue than I ever could.
There is a reason it’s referred to as a catcall and not a humancall: when you’re catcalled, there’s no consideration of your distinct personhood or even of your humanity because you’re being appraised as an object, a body without a person inside of it.