I learned that having amazing, sweet friends is one of the best things around. I’ve learned that I can be sad, but I can still see the light at the end of the tunnel. I’ve learned that you can have insanely frantic, mixed emotions about a relationship ending. I’ve learned that Facebook becomes a horrible emotional minefield after a break-up. Too many reminders there. I’ve learned that I can be very numb, and that in itself freaks me out. I’ve learned that keeping your own life while you’re in a relationship is REALLY helpful if it ends. I’ve learned that you can still be in a relationship in your head for days (weeks?) afterwards, even though you know it’s over. I’ve learned that you can still respect and care about the person you’ve broken up with, if he’s a generally good, kind person and goes about ending the relationship in a non-douchey way. I’ve learned that I can get through emotionally fraught times, while still functioning. That’s comforting to know.
OH! And I’ve learned that I can fit a jeans TWO SIZES smaller than when I first started dieting, and that I have the power to lose TWENTY POUNDS. Boom. Anyone want advice on how to break a diet plateau? Just have your bf break up with you. The number will go down immediately.
- Since my 27th birthday is this weekend, I figured this Why 27 is your Life Defining Number? article was appropriate. I hope I can avoid the curse of 27!
- What a fantastic round-up of cute sheds! I want one!
- And this round up of South Africa summer pictures makes me want to get on a plane!
- Sarah’s how to survive a break up post is an internet classic. Such good advice in a very sweet, comforting voice.
- I love this list of everything buried in the Nickelodeon time capsule in 1992. The world was a different, gak filled place.
- I would eat all of this pocky cake. Every. Single. Bite.
- Do you have any YA novels that NPR should be considering in their best YA novel contest? There are lots of great reading recommendations in the comments!
- And the Atlantic asked for the best re-reads! This article makes me want to read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn and A Wrinkle in Time again
- 10 shocking secrets of flight attendants! Trying to sneak dead bodies on planes is common???
- As a not that long ago bridesmaid, this article about how much bridesmaid dresses have cost through the years was fascinating to me.
- What a beautiful personal essay about why the blogger reads. I agree with her 100%!
- The blogger at Doodlemum draws a cute little doodle at the end of every day documenting her family’s lives. She’s an illustrator, so they’re adorable!
- And are you down and need a bit of a lift? Watch some baby basset hounds! Live!