- How cultures name their colors is fascinating! Black and white are differentiated first and then usually red. Japanese didn’t differentiate blue from green until the 20th century! Thanks, Empirical Zeal!
- Cap’n Crunch’s real name is Captain Horatio Magellan Crunch. Yep. I’m bringing the important knowledge to you! Thanks, Mentalfloss!
- George W. Bush loved kraft single and white bread grilled cheese sandwiches. Andrew Johnson liked to eat pine bark stew. Apparently a meal of cold milk and cherries killed President Taylor. Thank you, The Awl!
- Gotta rep my study abroad city’s awesomeness: Bristol’s street art! Whoever put together that Google map with all the locations is a star.
- I love the super silly, gif-y reviews of the upcoming J.K. Rowling book.
- What’s wrong with fat shaming? I think this article could also be titled “People are Dicks Sometimes.”
- You’ve probably seen this article about Busy Trap, but this article really brings up some issues that I need to think about. What is the value of busyness?
- This busty girl comic is pretty much the story of my life.
- Um, this guys photos of his kitten may be the cutest things ever! (Sorry, Trix! You just can’t compete!)
- Joanna at Cup of Jo is doing a fascinating series on how working moms attempt to balance their lives on her blog. I particularly liked this interview with Erica Rivinoja, a writer for the TV shows Up All Night and South Park. I love the advice to not forget who you were before the baby!
- A very sensitive look at race in The Andy Griffith Show. Also, as a daughter of a man who LOVED this show, I get a kick out of the daughter/father conversations. RIP, Sheriff Taylor.
- Um, and speaking of my dad, this raccoon repellant video makes me imagine how he would’ve ended up if he’d never met my mom. Love you, Dad!