As I wrote last week, I’ve decided to come up with a “28 Awesome Things to Do Before I Turn 28!” list, inspired by the super amazing Sarah Von of Yes and Yes. It’s pretty Texas/Austin themed, as the purpose of this list is to get myself jazzed about my new city. It’s hard to make all these changes, and hopefully pushing myself to get out there and explore will help. Plus, now I have built in topics to blog about! Woo!
So, without further ado, here it is! THE LIST!
1. Go to a Meet-Up
3. See the Congress Bridge bats!
4. Go to at least three concerts.
5. Buy real cowgirl boots.
6. Go line dancing.
7. Go to the San Antonio Riverwalk.
8. Go to the LBJ Library.
9. Eat BBQ in Lockhart, the BBQ capital of Texas!
11. Run a 10k.
12. Take a road trip to a yet to be determined Texan destination.
13. Write snail mail to friends and family.
14. Take my fancy camera out for a day in Austin.
15. Explore the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center. Take photos.
16. Bake a cake FROM SCRATCH.
17. Run one of those goofy themed 5ks. A zombie run? A color run? A mud run? They’re all good.
18. Volunteer (can’t be library/school related!)
19. Eat a breakfast taco!
20. Join a rec sports league. Kickball, perhaps?
22. Attend a Nerd Nite Austin event.
23. Attend a special movie event at Alamo Drafthouse Cinema.
24. Go to UT football game. Hook ’em!
25. Grow fresh herbs aka don’t kill all the plants that come into your possession.
26. Try three new fitness routines. Pilates? Belly dancing? Barre? Biking? Boxing? So many options!
27. Go to a rodeo.
28. Hike the Barton Creek Greenbelt.
So that’s it for now! Texas isn’t looking so scary now, huh?
What would be on your list? Anything I left off?