What I Learned
- This is a super Information Studies thing to list, but did you know the Library of Congress has the largest collection of preserved radio broadcasts, and even they only have 50 pre-1933 recordings and less than 1000 made before 1936?! Radio was America’s biggest entertainment/news provider for years, and this is all we got! And that, folks, is why archivists are important.
- Will Arnett and Amy Poehler are filing for divorce. There is no hope for the world. I’m going to go sob into a bowl of ice cream while I yell obscenities at the brides on “Say Yes to the Dress”. Please join me.
- Here’s an exhaustive list of all the jokes you may have missed while watching the brilllllliant Arrested Development. I need to go back and re-watch the whole series, methinks.
- I love the idea of having non-speed related goals when in a race. I will need to come up with a few of these when I run my next race.
- The old Nokia phone — the perfect tool for the ultimate romantics.
- Six reasons you should consider being a cat.
- Are you overwhelmed by smoothie options? Here’s a formula to inspire you. I’m actually kind of proud that my go-to smoothie follows this, though I don’t add any oil. My favorite smoothie of the moment is… banana, frozen peaches, frozen mango, frozen mixed berries, a few large spoonfuls of Greek yogurt, flaxseed, some water and a handful or two of spinach (I promise, promise, promise you don’t taste it. I’m not one of those health nut liars. You gotta believe me). DELICIOUS.
- I bought a bike! A gorgeous, sexy, European-style bike! More on that soon. But, in the meantime, please enjoy these awesome lady/chic bike blogs: Atlanta Bicycle Chic, Let’s Go Ride a Bike, Copenhagen Cycle Chic, and Momentum Magazine.