I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving full of all things delicious and all people awesome! I certainly did, though I’m feeling like I overdid it a bit. Back to eating right and exercising! Aw, man.
What I Learned
- The kid who played Alfalfa in the original Little Rascals died at 31 in a botched hunting dog $50 reward recovery. WHAT.
- I had never heard of the Petit Basset Griffon Vendéen dog before, but I’m pretty sold after seeing one on the National Dog Show. How adorable!
- Aw. This little tiger cub playing with the chihuahua makes me think of the baby Trix — “vicious”, ridiculous and so roly poly.
- I never thought how grateful I would be for the ability to feel pain, until I read about this 13 year old who can’t feel it at all.
- As someone who hosted a pretty casual holiday party for a few years in a row (and hopefully continuing the tradition, against all geographic odds, this year!), I totally agree with Jo’s advice on how to throw an easy party. Those pigs in a blanket from Trader Joes are super key!
- Love this collection of gorgeous children’s rooms. It’s nice to imagine a world where rooms wouldn’t be covered in toys, as mine always was (sorry, Mom!).
- Thanksgiving week always brings out the best squash/tuber recipes in the blog world. Here are some of my favorites: Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes, Glazed Butternut Squash with Sage and Pecans, Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese, and Butternut Squash Salad with Farro and Pepitas.
- And speaking of recipes, here are a few from McSweeneys, including the ever popular “You Didn’t Tell Me Your New Girlfriend was a Fucking Vegan Quick ‘N’ Easy Green Bean Casserole”.