What I Learned
- NORAD started tracking Santa after a typo listed their phone number as Santa’s phone number. This may be one of the sweetest holiday stories ever.
- Journaling your emotions after a break-up may make it harder for you to get over it…especially if you tend to overthink things. Whoops.
- Leonardo DiCaprio walked Kate Winslet down the aisle at her wedding this past week. WHAT TITANIC WHAT. Also, her new husband’s last name is “Rocknroll”? Yes.
- For anyone who’s thinking of taking up running in 2013, here are 10 tips that will make you a better runner.
- I went to Budapest for a few days many years ago. I was shocked at just how gorgeous of a city it is! And the Turkish baths! And underground gypsy bars! Ridiculous. These photos are making me want to go back!
- Goat cheese is one of the best things. I would love to make all three of these easy goat cheese apps at my next party!
- My lovely mom gave me a crockpot for Christmas, and I can’t wait to try it out! Some recipes I’m dying to try: Asian chicken soup, sweet potato soup, BBQ pork with mango slaw, tomato basil soup, pumpkin pie oatmeal, and apricot chicken!
- Oh, this song by song review of the Les Mis movie made me lol. A lot. “Ghost Fantine appears over his shoulder and tells him to come with her to heaven. Even though she’s an angel, she still has to have the shitty, choppy haircut that she died with. Nice one, God.”
- So, Alison Brie may be channeling the sexpot look in this video even as she charlestons, but any Mad Men fan knows that her Trudy/Pete Campbell charleston blows the sexy version out of the water.
- Some gym truth, courtesy of Ron Burgandy.
- Gah, I was such a fan of Animaniacs when I was a kid. This in-depth history of the show reminds me of everything that was good about it. HELLOOOOOO NURSE!
- Blood orange mimosa jello shots served in orange peels. How can I work this in to my New Years celebration…?
- 1912’s perfect woman. 171 pounds. Knows no fear! Means to grow vegetables. Amazing.