Things I Learned
I like EAD…
- In Japan, girls are paying to have fake snaggleteeth put in their mouth, so it’ll look like they have too many crowded baby teeth. Taking the “sexy little girl” style to a whole new, bizarre level…
- For 213 years, it’s been illegal for French women to wear pants, unless they were “holding a bicycle handlebar or the reins of a horse.” Now it’s legal and I say! All those ladies walk about in trousers! Shocking!!!
- Putting a face and a story to NYPL patrons.
- This may be a bit museum/archive nerdy, but this really detailed story of how the Julia Child kitchen exhibit at the Smithsonian came together is fascinating! Can you imagine disassembling and documenting an entire room?
- Two of my favorite things, buffalo sauce and goat cheese, combined into HEAVEN.
- Or if you’re more of a brie person, how about a pickled onion and brie grilled cheese?
- Trader Joe’s, why are you not in Austin?!
And now for a few Valentine’s Day links…
- Single on Valentine’s Day? How about a blind date with a book?
- These Valentine’s Day homemade oreos are just too cute!
- Or how about these conversation heart cheesecakes?!
- And if you’re looking for something romantic to watch, I highly recommend the sweet, Oscar nominated Paperman animated short.
And what’s the best thing on the internet this week? This sassy teenage boy’s super spot-on interpretation of Beyoncé’s Countdown music video…done in a snuggie. Seeing as it came out a while ago, I’m sure it’s old news, but I just discovered it last night, and I’ve maybe watched thirty times since then. The kid has SKILLZ!