Hope everyone had a great week! I have the most Texas weekend planned — a Kenny Chesney/KACEY MUSGRAVES concert tomorrow night, my first ever horseback trail riding lesson on Saturday, two-stepping lessons at my favorite bar in the evening and then a UT baseball game on Sunday! I know, y’all, I know…
What I Learned:
- There are 26 places where adorable Shiba Inus do not belong. For your reference, here’s a list.
- There were two very important birthdays this week: happy 40th to the cellphone and happy 1st birthday Grumpy Cat!
- I found this story about a sadly forgotten Jewish cemetery in East LA to be fascinating. LA is good about hiding its history, but it’s certainly there if you look.
- EVERY GUY I’VE EVER DATED (well, sometimes you’d have to switch Game of Thrones with Lord of the Rings, but it’s the same deal).
- I get tired of reading all the omg sugar is evil, no carbs, only eat kale posts that seem to inundate the internet. This post is a refreshing antidote to that madness.
- Sarah Von visited Dollywood…and I’m insanely jealous! I might have to check it out this summer…
- Are you looking for some marriage advice? Let some 1950’s bridal magazines guide you! Don’t forget to let your husband have a man-sized chair!
- Kid President meets President Obama! No, I’m not crying…I just have something in my eye.
- The Onion’s tribute to the late, great Roger Ebert is surprisingly sweet: “Roger Ebert Hails Human Existence as ‘A Triumph'”