There are some nights when, against all better judgment, I start thinking about all the things I want RIGHT THIS MOMENT.
Yes, it is much more zen to focus on what I have already, but let’s be real. I’m not the zennest of folks.
So, as of April 2013, here are the things I’m dying for:
- The power to apparate. I’d visit friends in LA, the UK, NYC…all without going into huge amounts of debt or feeling guilty about my carbon footprint. Also, I’d be able to sleep an extra fifteen minutes every morning. Who doesn’t want that?
- A diet that involves only eating cookies and peanut butter. Oh, and ice cream sometimes. And salami. And all the cheeses. Yes.
- Jessica Pare’s bone structure…and her ability to pull off the side boob look. Yeah, I can’t do that:
- A getaway in the mountains for a week in this A-frame cabin.
- Two-stepping skillz. I feel like I’m at the level where I’m too good for the guys who are literally counting every single step out loud, but I’m not able to keep up with the guys who spin you around the floor like true cowboys. I need to get better to meet the cowboys, gosh darn it!
- This flowery dress. And this polka-dotty dress. And this picnic-y one!
- A foot and back massage. I ran the 10k route that I’m racing next Saturday, and wow. I’m tired.
- A robot that only has the purpose of putting away my laundry. It’s amazing how much I hate doing it. Why does it take so long? Why do things constantly slip off of hangers? Alright robot engineers, hop to it.
- A pet puppy that always walks itself and cleans up its own messes.
This is all totally doable, right? Please don’t leave me feeling like the only selfish lady in the world. What things are you guys hoping for right now?