What I learned:
- The world is scary. People can be horrible, governments can be cowardly and fertilizer plants can explode. But, people can also be kind, generous and heroic. Wishing everyone some R&R and peace after a really hard week.
- Would you like all of Mad Men’s Roger Sterling’s quips in one place? Of course you would. “Have a drink. It’ll make me look younger.” Oh, Roger.
- I’m dying for some old fashioned French bread pizza after reading this post on Shutterbean. I don’t think I’ve had it since my elementary school cafeteria lunch days!
- How to make cheap clothes look a whole lot less cheap. As the world’s biggest clothing cheapskate, I found this post really, really useful.
- Let’s take a minute to appreciate goats. Ok.
- As a huge sriracha lover, I found this interview with the creator, David Tran, to be illuminating. My favorite line? When told to make the sauce less spicy, Tran retorted, “Hot sauce must be hot. If you don’t like it hot, use less,” he said. “We don’t make mayonnaise here.” Damn right!
- Freddy Prinze Jr, my biggest junior high crush, is still a hottie. I knew how to pick them, apparently!
- I want someone to have a party just so I can make these cute, little spanakopita bites.
- Liberté, Égalité, Beyoncé.