It’s the first Monday of summer break…and I completely forgot to post. Like, didn’t even think of it until 2 pm. Whoops.
And I wish I had a good reason! I mean, if I was out sunning myself or on a road trip, that would be one thing…but no. I was at my archives job and then came home to eat apples and peanut butter while watching a classic 1989 episode of Roseanne (John Goodman is my homeboy). This is real talk, y’all.
So, what are the things that I’m excited to do this summer?
- Eat my weight in cherries. Immediately regret it.
- Marathon the new season of Arrested Development while eating frozen bananas!
- Outdoor concerts. What up, Hollywood Bowl?! And outdoor movies! Heyyy Hollywood Forever!
- Baseball games! Astros, Dodgers and Angels, at least.
- Lying in the sun at the beach…and somehow managing to avoid a sunburn while I do so.
- Finding more fireflies in Austin! I’ve only seen them once, but they are pure magic.
- Cold smoothies for breakfast on hot mornings.
- Picnics wherever, whenever.
- Road trips, both solo and with friends.
- Celebrating the marriages of some dear friends and family members.
- Fireworks and birthday cake.
- Exploring all the fresh fruit options at the farmers market.
- Daisy dukes (well, as close as I get to Daisy Dukes) and short skirts. It’s summer. I DO WHAT I WANT.
What about you guys? Anything I forgot?