This is a short post today, because I spent the middle of the week on vacation in Houston instead of hanging out on the internet. The real world actually won for once! Weird!
What I Learned
- Houston is actually a really pretty city. The area where I stayed had some of the biggest oak trees I’ve ever seen, lots of little parks, shady lanes and world class museums. I’d love to go back and stay longer next time!
- A big thunderstorm is not the best time to start dog-sitting. Poor puppy. She’s losing her mind.
- Love these state ink stamps! Not sure what I’d use them for, but I think I’d like both a California and a Texas!
- Although I’m a bit smaller now, I very much straddled the plus size/straight size world for a really long time…and it’s really hard! Straight sizes may be a tiny bit small, but things cut in the plus size style swallow you up. This guide has some helpful advice for dealing with that issue.
- This feature makes me love Kevin Russ, one of my favorite instagrammers, even more.
- Thank you, Debenhams (a big time UK department store), for actually featuring models of all types!
- Ryan Gosling HATES cereal. HATES it.
- This photo essay asks, “Is there an average McDonald’s customer?”
- Mandi takes Laura Petrie’s classic wardrobe from The Dick Van Dyke Show, and colorizes it!
- Striking side by side photos that illustrate American inequalities.