I hope you all had a fantastic week! I managed to work my butt off, while still getting in some fun dance workouts, cook some good meals and see some friends who I hadn’t hung with in a while. I also ate my favorite LA hamburger!
I also bought my entry to a big archivist conference in New Orleans in a month. I haven’t been to New Orleans since I was about 13, so any recommendations are very welcome!
On to the weekend!
What I Learned
- Goodreads did a study on why people abandon books, and they got some pretty interesting results. Top five abandoned books? A Casual Vacancy (since it’s not Harry Potter…), Eat Pray Love, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, 50 Shades of Grey and Wicked. As someone who abandoned The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and won’t even start Eat Pray Love…I get it.
- Reese Witherspoon will be starring in the film adaptation of Wild, and Nick Hornby will be writing the adapted screenplay! I’m really happy about both of those things.
- There’s going to be a documentary about Calvin and Hobbes! I might need to re-read all of the comic strips in preparation.
- I made these chili lime shrimp rice bowls for dinner tonight, and it was perfect! Easy, not a lot of ingredients, filling and delicious. What more could you ask for?
- Next up? Kimchi fried rice. Yummy.
- And let’s just finish all this food stuff off with this coffee cake with crumble topping and brown sugar glaze, shall we?
- I love the idea for this new series on Cup of Jo – American Mothers Around the World. This post about raising children in Norway is fascinating! Can’t wait to see what’s to come in the next few weeks!
- A photographer asked girls ages 4-8 to say write what they like about their bodies, then took their portrait. A good reminder to all of us who struggle with a bit of body hate now and again.
- I cannot wait to get my hands on Allie Brosh of Hyperbole and a Half’s book! Three more months?!?! WHYYYYY.
- It’s silly, but I can’t stop drooling over this actually slightly tasteful Downton Abbey merchandise. Man. I need to get to the UK so I can actually buy some Downton scented soap!