My last for real weekend in LA. Aw man. I’m pretty bummed, but I’m going to stuff it full of friends, museum visits, brunches, potlucks, spa visits, ice cream, picnics, outdoor movies and a concert at the Hollywood Bowl. Yes, that is all happening this weekend. I know. I’m exhausted just looking at it. But happy! So, so happy.
What I Learned
- George Chakiris, the actor who played super dreamy Bernardo in the movie West Side Story, has a side business where he designs and sells really ugly jewelry. Yep. This is what I’m learning at my summer internship, folks!
- You know the breaking of the glass at Jewish weddings? You guys. That’s often a lightbulb. I know. Your mind is blown as much as mine was when I found this out this past weekend. Well, I guess better a lightbulb and having it easier to break than jumping repeatedly on a real glass.
- Hulu Plus is doing a two month free deal! Don’t stop, get it get it.
- Apartment Therapy is hosting a Style Cure for the month of August. Perfect for those of us who are moving into new places!
- My girl Kerry at Welcome to Ladyville wrote the straight-up BEST, most realistic, down to earth post about weddings ever. High five!
- Remember those certain posters that EVERYONE had in their dorm rooms? The Great Wave of Kanagawa? Le Chat Noir? This is what those posters say about you now as an adult.
- And anyone who has ever attended or organized a bachelorette party will totally understand these emails. I’m sorry for bringing up horrible, horrible memories.
- I love it when friends send me the silliest, most ridiculous videos that make me laugh absolutely hysterically like a crazy person. In this video, a guy with a great Irish accent narrates some ridiculously bad surgery video game as he plays. I die. So good. I do hope that real surgeons don’t lose their watches even half as much as this guy does.
- How to prepare boba balls at home! WHAT YOU CAN DO THIS?!
- Detroit is low these days, but certainly not dead.
- Oh my goodness. I will be moving back to SCALDING HOT Texas in two weeks and I hate using way too much A/C, so this post of tips to stay cool without A/C is a lifesaver!
- Sea salt and vinegar sweet potato chips! Yum!