My internship is over, so it’s now time to wrap up all the loose ends here in California before heading back to Texas. I’m soaking in the cool weather, the mountains and the friends before starting the never ending drive through the desert. Siiiiigh. Hope you all have fantastic weekend plans!
What I Learned
- One of the reasons Hollywood became Hollywood was the variety of landscapes in California. I knew that, but I had no idea that Paramount Studios actually drew a California map showing which regions of California could stand in for other places. Apparently, I grew up in the Africa area of California. Would never have guessed.
- You can now buy H&M’s home goods online! They have some very cute, very cheap duvet covers that I have my eye on…
- There is a fantastic tool, Rentometer, where you can see if you’re paying a reasonable rent for your neighborhood. So helpful for renters like me! Apparently, I was getting the deal of a lifetime in my old LA neighborhood. I guess that’s what happens when you live in a falling down building in an awesome neighborhood.
- I am obsessively stalking the Austin Craigslist, trying to find cheap, cute furniture for my new apartment…even though I’m not there yet to pick up the pieces. Yeah. Pointless. But this blog post has some great Craigslist tips for anyone else who is hoping to use it to buy furniture.
- I would love to have a fiddle leaf fig in my new apartment, but I’m not sure I’ll have enough light to keep one alive. So beautiful, though!
- Minimalist Macintosh computer illustrations for Mac nerds like myself. My family had an awful lot of those through the years…
- Brittany had sex every day for a year to get over her body issues, and then wrote about it. Damn. Lady is brave!
- And, some of the best advice on how to be a good partner I’ve ever read. My favorite? “Don’t be a dick.” So simple, so true. And also, I think I follow most of these…and I’m single. Gentlemen…..? 😉
- Apparently a bunch of now celebs auditioned for roles on The Office back in 2003 . Eric Stonestreet as Kevin? I buy it.
- I’m obsessed with Matilda, the smush faced cat. Look at her funny face! Just look!
- Toasted coconut popcorn? YES YES YES YES YES.
- Help Ink sells adorable t-shirts and prints, and some of the proceeds go to charity. Awesome all around.