Grad school is almost over! For reals! I have one more big thing (and two little ones), and then it’s all in the past! Now I just need to figure out the next steps…But before all that, I’m going to enjoy the moment! And some drinks! And a Kanye glow in the dark sing-along! Woooo!
What I Learned
- Studying/Working abroad makes you smarter! Well, as I did both at one point in my young life, I already knew this to be true sooo …. (I kid! I kid!)
- I made these double chocolate chip cookies for class this week, and they were a HUGE hit. Honestly, this may be the best cookie recipe in my repertoire now. So easy, and perfectly puffy!
- Tiny hamsters eating tiny burritos. BECAUSE YES. (Thanks, Becky/Sam!)
- I have seen the UT quidditch team practice a few times, and I’m always a bit baffled by it. Here’s an inside view from a college student who plays that’ll hopefully help me what’s going on next time.
- I really need to read BJ Novak’s book.
- British Pathé put all of their newsreels on YouTube, which is such an amazing timesuck. I love this collection of reels about teenagers. My favorite? The propaganda film for a “harvest holiday,” where teens pick potatoes in Scotland. SO MUCH FUN!
- Homer? Is that you?
- “Japanese fans deem the new Godzilla too fat, in continued sizeism toward giant monsters.” I laughed.